Advanced First Aid Melbourne
DISCOUNTED ONLINE PRICE $240.00
FULL PRICE $260.00
ADVANCED FIRST AID MELBOURNE is a full 8 Hour course
- This training is approved by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA)
- The Advanced First Aid Course Melbourne is held at Training Aid’s MELBOURNE campus
Suite 1.05, Level 1, 3 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne VIC 3004
We can arrange Group Bookings of Advanced First Aid Melbourne training to be held at the location of your choice.
Contact us on 02 1300 663 350 for more information.
It is important to note this course combines Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID006, Provide Advanced Resuscitation HLTAID007 and also includes Provide CPR HLTAID001 components. After successful completion of all units of assessment, students will receive accreditation for both HLTAID001, HLTAID006 and HLTAID007.
Certification for Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID006 is valid for three years, and Provide Advanced Resuscitation HLTAID007 is valid for one year after the successful completion date.
Advanced First Aid Course Details
IMPORTANT: MANDATORY STUDENT ONLINE PRESTUDY MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO ENTRY THE TRAINING.
- Training Aid’s confirmation email will include a link to the online prestudy. Instructors and admin have the right to refuse entry if the prestudy is not completed.
- Advanced First Aid Course Melbourne is a full day (eight hours) course with breaks factored in.
- Training Aid finds that students understand more thoroughly if face to face instruction, demonstration and role-playing components are included. The practical units include – appropriate first aid practices, as well as resuscitation equipment use and care. Theory components include – the completed through the online prestudy as workbooks and a multiple choice assessment. Students, who do not meet the required standards, are welcome to re-enrol and participate in the course again, with full fee payments.
- Both Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation courses have practical units that need to be assessed. So, it is expected that all students will wear loose clothing that comfortably allows movement.
Full course details are available on the course description PDF.
Advanced First Aid Course Melbourne Course Requirements
- It is recommended that all students have a current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certification (or equivalent). This is not a mandatory requirement.
- Instructors must sight at least one form of valid photo ID from each student. Australian forms of photo ID include; a Passport, Driver’s License, Student Card or Proof Of Age Card. All instructors must refuse entry to the course if student’s photo ID is not available.
- It is a course requirement that students will arrive at least 20 minutes before the scheduled start time of the course. Instructors need to complete all necessary registration paperwork before the course can commence.
- No student will be permitted to enter the course if they arrive over 20 minutes later than the scheduled starting time.
- Successful completion of the components of this course requires students to have good English Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills. Instructors are directed to refuse entry to anyone whose English and Numeracy Skills are not up to the expected standard.
If you are unsure if your Language, Literacy and Numeracy will meet expectations, Training Aid has tests available that will assess your skills.
Roles That Require Advanced First Aid Melbourne Certification
Generally, the HLTAID006 course focuses on first responder practises, liaising with emergency services, and processes of emergency management. HLTAID007 covers use of more complex resuscitation techniques and equipment, and care of resuscitation equipment.
Roles that require these more advanced first aid skills can include;
- Construction First Aider Team Leaders
- Aged Care First Aid Team Leaders
- Large Company First Aider Team Leaders
- Child Care First Aid Staff Leaders
- Hi-Risk Industry First Aiders
- Airport First Responders
- Health And Recreational First Aid Team Leaders
- Educational Senior First Aiders
- Recreational Activities Senior First Aiders
Advanced First Aid Course Melbourne Training Components
Units covered during this course include advanced first aid and resuscitation techniques.
- Resuscitation techniques – including face mask
- Oxygen administration
- Spinal management techniques
- OH&S guidelines
- Safe manual handling skills
- Basic anatomy, physiology and toxicology
- Management of anaphylactic shock reaction
- Care of equipment
- Emergency management
- Legal responsibilities
Price of Advanced First Aid Melbourne Training
There is a discount price if paid ONLINE prior to scheduled start date – Cost $240
Only VISA AND MASTERCARD (0% surcharge fee) payment is accepted online.
Pay on the day of training – Cost $260.00
Only VISA and MASTERCARD (2% surcharge fee) are accepted if paid on the day.
Companies also have the option to pay by INVOICE – Cost $260.00
Invoice payments can only be made if arranged prior to training and a valid purchase order/Authority to Invoice needs to be submitted. More information concerning Invoice Payments will be supplied via the confirmation email, in the ‘Invoice Payment Procedure’ section.
* Terms & Conditions apply.
Upcoming Course Dates
To enrol in Advanced First Aid Melbourne Training, or any other course, simply choose a date and campus you have a preference for and click onto it.
A form will pop-up and you will need to fill in your details, then click the submit box. When your registration has been received, a confirmation email containing course details will be forwarded to you. Please ensure you receive this email.
Melbourne Campus location
Suite 1.05, Level 1, 3 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne VIC 3004