Essential Tickets And Licenses For A Job In Construction
The construction industry is one of the major employers in Sydney and Melbourne, so many people want to enter it.
To start in the industry, you will require various construction tickets and licenses for different roles.
WHITE CARDS IN SYDNEY AND MELBOURNE
The bare minimum requirement is to obtain a White Card Certificate. Its training course will educate you on the broad requirements of construction site work, such as:
- Construction hazards and risk control identification and measures
- Incident and emergency responses identification and measures
- Health and safety communication and reporting identification and processes
Contact us for a full list of White Card training outcomes and to book.
Some of the additional tickets available are:
WORKING AT HEIGHTS
With each additional ticket, you have access to more job prospects. Working at heights is a very high-risk activity and to obtain such work you require a Working At Heights Ticket. The ticket will teach you how to work safely and efficiently as well as consider the safety of your co-workers.
For work in confined, enclosed or partially enclosed spaces, you require a Confined Space ticket. Such work comes with significant health, safety and efficiency issues for you and your co-workers. It is not a natural habitat for people, such as work in sewers, trenches, tanks and vats.
ELEVATED WORK PLATFORM (EWP)
The need to access hard to reach areas on construction sites needs workers to have EWP tickets. There are two classes:
- License to operate a boom-type Elevated Work Platform (boom length under 11 meters)
- License to operate a boom-type Elevated Work Platform (boom length 11 meters or more). This also requires a High Risk Work License.
An EWP license means you have the theoretical knowledge and practical experience to operate a boom-type platform safely and efficiently.
HIGH RISK WORK LICENSE
This is a photographic license confirming you are competent to work in a class of work defined as high-risk work such as:
- Crane and Hoist Operation
- Self-erecting tower
- Portal Boom
- Bridge and Gantry
- Vehicle Loading
- Non-slewing Mobile
- Materials Hoist
- Personnel and Materials Hoist
- Boom Type Elevating Work Platform
- Forklift Operation
- Pressure Equipment
This list of tickets and licenses are not finite but are the most required by construction employers. With the right training, tickets and licenses, you will find employment with ease in the construction industry.
Total Views: 220