All students have the option to submit evidence for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL involves the assessment of previously unrecognised skills and knowledge an individual has achieved outside the formal education and training.
RPL assesses this unrecognised learning against the requirements of a qualification or Unit of Competency in respect of both entry requirements and outcomes to be achieved.
To apply for an RPL, a student must enrol into the course and notify Training Aid Australia that they would like to apply for RPL. An RPL document will then be supplied to the student which will outline all the evidence requirements. Evidence requirements include:
- Certificates detailing units of competency attained through other relevant training
- A letter from the students employer outlining their roles, responsibility and experience in the workplace
- An attendance sheet from internal training sessions
- An attendance sheet from any industry workshop sessions specific to the Units of Competency being applied for; and
- Any other evidence that may be required, specific to the course
Based on the evidence submitted, we’ll let the student know of their RPL outcome and advise if any further assessments must be completed.
Recognition of RTO Qualifications
It is a requirement of Training Aid Australia to recognise other AQF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by other RTO’s.
Training Aid Australia requires proof of certification for all students who have undertaken training with other RTO’s prior to attending a course.
Training Aid Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to verify authenticity of certificates to determine the currency of the certificate.
If you have any queries, please contact Training Aid Australia for further information.