Training Aid Australia now accredited to deliver Training for Australian Health Professionals under the AHPRA , CPD program
After a full investigation into the requirements to become, an approved trainer to run First aid and or CPR courses to Health Practitioners. The Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency has provided the following information in relation to the CPD program and external training providers.
External training providers are not required to be accredited with the AHPRA or the ADA in respect of providing Apply First Aid or CPR to health professionals in Australia. The following requirements need to be met during the training:
- The training provider needs to be a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – Training Aid Australia is an RTO with the registration number RTO 91411
- At the end of the training a statement of attainment must be provided – Training Aid Australia under VETAB requirements provide a statement of attainment to all participants that competently complete this training
- That the RTO Number, Name, and contact information is provided on the statement of Attainment including the unit of competency obtained – This is provided on all Training Aid Australia Certificates.
- That the RTO provides a letter of the hours completed for the training attended – Training Aid Australia will provide a letter attached to the statement of Attainment outlining the hours completed.
For a Health Professional to claim their hours, the AHPRA requirements are as follows:-
- Health Professionals need to maintain a record of the statement of attainment provided by the RTO
- Health Professionals must maintain a record of the hours completed for their CPD in a journal or a CPD register
- If requested by AHPRA, the Health Professional must submit all evidence being statements of attainments, journals, or register of hours to the AHPRA for audit purposes to ensure that the Health Professional is meeting the minimal requirements for their CPD.
For upcoming courses or how we can tailor a course for delivery at your practice, please contact us on 02 1300 663 350.
Total Views: 14