Marine Diesel Engine Course (RYA Accredited Training) From $325
Duration – 1 day Course Public Course Location – Sydney and Brisbane
Group Booking – Training at your choice of venue Australia-wide – enquire now
Delivery – This course is provided by our training partners Offshore Maritime Training.
By completing this Marine Diesel Engine course, you will have a sound understanding of how to perform general maintenance on your diesel engine
and save money on paid servicing.
Marine Diesel Engine Course Details
This is a 1 day face to face course, from 9am to 5pm. 10 Students per Marine Diesel Engine course maximum.
- Sydney – The Marine Diesel Engine theory training will be conducted in the Mosman Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman (behind Mosman Rowers Club). There is plenty of parking at Harnett park for students as long as you arrive early. Students must then make their way to the practical session.
- Brisbane – The Marine Diesel Engine theory training will be conducted in the Coast Guard classrooms at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland. Please don’t park in the DPSS grounds; parking for students is on the roadside
- Sydney – The Marine Diesel Engine practical session will be conducted on board our training yacht at the Middle Harbour Yacht Club, The Spit, Mosman.
- Brisbane – The Marine Diesel Engine practical session will be conducted on board our training yacht at the East Coast Marina, 570 Royal Esplanade, Manly Queensland.
Full course details are available on the course description PDF.
Marine Diesel Engine Course Requirements
Your RYA sail and power log books for endorsement, sensible clothing for engine room work, note pad and pen. All tools are provided.
Marine Diesel Engine Course Training
- Identifying key engine parts
- Understanding how four stroke engines work
- How turbochargers and intercoolers work
- Fuel systems and problem solving
- How cooling systems work
- Solving fuel problems
- Air systems for diesel engines
- Engine electrical systems
- On board checklists for your boat
- Engine lubrication and servicing
- Fault finding in marine diesel engines
Your RYA or AYF TL4 Log Book can be signed off at the Marine Diesel Engine training session if you have one.
Enrol in Marine Diesel Engine Course in Sydney –
*If the Marine Diesel Engine course date you want isn’t listed here, please contact us.
Sydney Theory Session Location
Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman, Sydney
(behind Mosman Rowers Club)
Sydney Practical Session Location
Middle Harbour Yacht Club , The Spit, Mosman, Sydney
Brisbane Theory Session Location
Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland
Brisbane Practical Session Location
East Coast Marina, 570 Royal Esplanade, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland
Other Training Courses
Training Aid Australia provides other training courses for the Marine Industry including:
- Marine First Aid (CPR and marine first aid)
- STCW95 Sea Survival (RYA & ISAF accredited)
- Marine Radar Operation (radar chart plotter course)
- Marine Radio Licence (hf & UHF radio licence)
For more information about these courses, please feel free to contact us.