Marine Radar Operation Course From $325
*price increase from April 2016
Duration – 1 day Course
Public Course Location – Sydney and Brisbane
Group Booking – Training at your choice of venue Australia-wide – enquire now
Gain the confidence to navigate by radar in conditions of restricted visibility and the knowledge to interpret what you are seeing on your radar screen.
The course runs for one full day and involves classroom theory and hands on practical use of modern radar sets.
Marine Radar Operation Course Details
- Sydney – The Marine Radar Operation theory training will be conducted in the Mosman Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman (behind Mosman Rowers Club). There is plenty of parking at Harnett park for students as long as you arrive early. Students must then make their way to the practical session.
- Brisbane – The Marine Radar Operation theory training will be conducted in the Coast Guard classrooms at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland. Please don’t park in the DPSS grounds; parking for students is on the roadside.
The Marine Radar Operation practical sessions will use a Raymarine E120 Integrated Radar Chart plotter with AIS & MARPA Simulations.
Full course details are available on the course description PDF.
Marine Radar Course Requirements
We provide the RYA Marine Radar Operation course notes, manual and examination papers. Students are to provide a pen, note pad, lunch (or shops nearby), sun protection and warm clothing.
Marine Radar Course Training
- The principles of radar propagation
- How your radar set works
- Radar set controls
- Bearing and range discrimination
- Identifying radar targets
- Optimising displays and use of different modes
- Collision avoidance
- Navigating by radar
- Pilotage using radar
- Limitations of radar
- Commercial qualifications
Your RYA or AYF TL4 Log Book can be signed off at the Marine Radar Operation training session if you have one. Certificates are posted within 10 days and are to be inserted into the log book.
Marine Radar Assessments
All participants are required to competently complete the Marine Radar Operation practical and theory activities.
Enrol in Marine Radar Operation Course in Sydney –
*If the Marine Radar Operation course date you want isn’t listed here, please contact us.
Sydney Training Location
Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman, Sydney
(behind Mosman Rowers Club)
Brisbane Training Location
Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland
Other Training Courses
Training Aid Australia provides other training courses for the Marine Industry including:
- Marine First Aid (CPR and marine first aid)
- STCW95 Sea Survival (RYA & ISAF accredited)
- Marine Diesel Engine (general diesel engine maintenance)
- Marine Radio Licence (hf & UHF radio licence)
For more information about these courses, please feel free to contact us.