Marine Radio Operator Licence Course From $325
Duration – 1 day Course from 9am – 5pm
Public Course Location – Sydney and Brisbane
Group Booking – Training at your choice of venue Australia-wide – enquire now
This marine radio operator licence course fully meets the requirements of NSCV Master Class V (TDM ME501A) Marine Radio.
Marine Radio Operator Licence Course Details
This is a 1 day face to face course, from 9am to 5pm. 12 Students per Marine Radio Operator Licence course maximum.
- Sydney – The marine radio operator licence theory training will be conducted in the Mosman Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman (behind Mosman Rowers Club). There is plenty of parking at Harnett park for students as long as you arrive early. Students must then make their way to the practical session.
- Brisbane – The marine radio operator licence theory training will be conducted in the Coast Guard classrooms at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland. Please don’t park in the DPSS grounds; parking for students is on the roadside.
Marine Radio Operator Licence practical sessions will include operations of VHF-DSC (short range) Radio as well as HF DSC (long range) Radio.
Full course details are available on the course description PDF.
Marine Radio Operator Licence Course Requirements
You must bring:
- Proof of Identity such as a Passport or photo ID (Drivers Licence).
- One Passport size photo for inclusion on your MROCP/MROVCP Licence when it is issued by the OMC.
- Your Yachting Australia Membership Number if you are a YA Member.
We provide the RYA marine radio operator licence course notes, manual and examination papers. Students are to provide a pen, note pad, lunch (shops nearby), sun protection and warm clothing.
Who needs Marine Radio Operator Licence Training?
This Marine Radio Operator Licence course covers both MROCP (Your dual HF & VHF Radio Licence) and VHF (Short Range) training. Both courses are integrated into the one day and depending on which course you wish to complete, that’s the exam that you’ll been given.
Marine Radio Operator Licence Course Training
- Marine radio licensing requirements
- Routine operating procedures
- Distress, urgency and safety communications
- Digital select calling
- Public correspondence
- Practical use of VHF DSC radios
- Emergency position indicating beacons (EPIRBS)
- Search and rescue in Australia
- International requirements regarding the use of marine radios
- INMARSAT systems
- Internet access via HF radio (Sailmail)
Your RYA or AYF TL4 Log Book can be signed off at the marine radio operator licence training session if you have one. Certificates are posted within 10 days and are to be inserted into the log book.
Marine Radio Operator Licence Assessments
All participants are required to competently complete the marine radio operator licence theory exam. Exam papers are posted to the Office of Maritime Communications for marking. When you pass the exam, they will issue your MROCP (Your dual HF & VHF Radio License). If you are attending the VHF (Short Range) course you will sit for the MROVCP exam only. Both courses are integrated into the one day of training.
Enrol in Marine Radio Licence Course in Sydney –
*If the Marine Radio Licence course date you want isn’t listed here, please contact us.
Sydney Theory Session Location
Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman, Sydney
(behind Mosman Rowers Club)
Brisbane Theory Session Location
Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland
Other Training Courses
Training Aid Australia provides other training courses for the Marine Industry including:
- Marine First Aid (CPR and marine first aid)
- STCW95 Sea Survival (RYA & ISAF accredited)
- Marine Diesel Engine (general diesel engine maintenance)
- Marine Radar Operation (radar chart plotter course)
For more information about these courses, please feel free to contact us.