This course is delivered in two different face-to-face session formats, namely:
5 consecutive days in Sydney CBD
4 days over 4 consecutive weeks in Sydney CBD
The below table covers the Work Health & Safety program topics and the subject areas which we will cover in the four sessions.
|Topic areas covered in each session||Specific subject areas addressed|
|Preparing for WHS Compliance with WHS Legislation||Assist with compliance with WHS laws
Analyse and present research information
|Implementing and Maintaining WHS Consultation and Participation Processes||Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
Promote innovation in a team environment
Show leadership in the workplace
|WHS Assessment and Management Systems||Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
|Maintaining WHS processes and Dealing with Incidents||Assist with responding to incidents
Make a presentation
Assist with workplace monitoring processes
Course Features & Benefits
Students have two options when enrolling into this course. They can complete a”Get Skilled” program or they can complete the “Get Certified” program.
GET SKILLED = this program offers students the opportunity to participate in all the learning sessions together with activities, discussions and research to best develop their knowledge & skills in a Work Health & Safety capacity. You have the option to complete some assessments and get feedback to reinforce your learning. At the end of your learning program, you’ll be issued with a Training Aid Australia GET SKILLED Certificate of Completion.
GET CERTIFIED = this program includes all the “GET SKILLED” components, then has added assessments for the opportunity to obtain an Australian Nationally Recognised Qualification – BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (WHS).
View the table below to see the different features of these two course types.
This course is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The program reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
- Work Health and Safety Coordinator
- Work Health and Safety Officer
- Work Health and Safety Committee Member
The best way to determine which program is best for you, is to consider some of the following:
- Do you only require a program which will provide you with knowledge and skills to take back to the workplace = GET SKILLED
- Do you have limited time to complete assessments due to personal commitments, work or family = GET SKILLED
- Does your workplace need you to get a nationally recognised certificate = GET CERTIFIED
- Do you want a certificate which is recognised in all workplaces around Australia in case you move jobs = GET CERTIFIED
Program & Dates
The Work Health & Safety sessions are from 9am until 5pm over:
- 5 consecutive days in Sydney CBD; OR
- 4 days over 4 consecutive weeks in Sydney CBD
The upcoming course dates are:
MARCH – WHS Course (4 days over 4 weeks) Start 07-March-2017 – 4 Tuesdays over 4 weeks
APRIL – WHS Course (4 days over 4 weeks) Start 03-April-2017 – 4 Mondays over 4 weeks (Easter Monday course on the 17th will be held on Tuesday the 18th
MAY – WHS Course (Mon-Fri) Start 01-May-2017 – 5 consecutive days
Entry Requirements, Payment Options & Full Course Details
This course requires that students have some fundamental Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills. For full details, please refer to the Course Description PDF.
Students will require access to the following resources to complete this course:
- Computer, if completing assessments electronically
- Internet connection, if using online secure learner portal
- Access to a printer, if printing assessments
Register your interest in this course by completing the below information and a student support officer will contact you to discuss your preferred
Register your Interest in this Course
We can help you choose the right course to fast track your career!
We will email you the Certificate in Work Health Safety Course Description
Get Started on your Training
Call now to book on 02 9011 7911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sydney Training Centre Location
Suite 105A, Level 1, 100 William Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Other Training Courses
Training Aid Australia provides other training courses for the Business Management and Safety Industry including:
- WHS Training Study Anywhere (compliance and processes)
- Leadership Management Level 1 Sydney (leadership and developing teams)
- Leadership Management Level 1 Study Anywhere(leadership and developing
- Leadership Management Level 2 Sydney (recruitment and operational risks)
For more information about these courses, please feel free to contact us.