Traffic Management Course Melbourne
Traffic Management course develops skills and knowledge required to implement a traffic management plan. A traffic management plan is vital to ensure a safe working environment for construction and maintenance projects while maintaining secure surroundings for the general public.
According to VicRoads, all field personnel responsible for setting out, implementing and/or monitoring a traffic guidance scheme as required by a traffic management plan MUST complete RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan. Otherwise, an appropriate refresher course needs to be completed within the last three years from a Registered Training Organisation that is accredited under the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA).
The Implement Traffic Management Plan in Melbourne will help individuals become competent in:
- Planning and preparing to implement a traffic control plan, i.e. interpret traffic management documentation, clarify work requirements, select protective equipment and gear, tools and signage, advise traffic controllers on traffic flow requirements;
- Understanding a traffic guidance scheme according to site conditions, traffic volumes and project activities such as work schedules, traffic delays, signals and site communications;
- Controlling and monitoring traffic effectively by using the correct traffic signs and devices;
- Ability to close down traffic flow to protect crew that are removing traffic control devices, ensuring all signs are removed, and incidences are recorded;
- Ensuring the working area and tools and equipment is cleared up correctly after a project is completed.
Training Aid Australia does not deliver Traffic Management training in Melbourne.
Edway Training Pty Ltd is accredited by the Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.
A traffic management course in Melbourne does not signify a traffic control qualification. For more information on our traffic control courses, visit our traffic control page now.