Refund and Cancellations
1. Conditional Requirements
All refund requests are conditional on the following:
- Full payment is required at time of enrolment. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or credit card (PAYPAL). Payment can be made online or at TAA office, prior to commencement of the course.
- TAA must have received the fees from the participants in order for any refunds to be made available to them.
- Any debts to TAA by the students must be paid in full or the outstanding amounts will be deducted from the refund.
- All refunds will be charged a $10 administration fee. (The only exception to this would be if the Course was Cancelled by TAA.)
- All course refunds require 5 working day to be processed.
- Refund requests must be applied for in writing by the student so we can verify their identity and keep a record of the request. If your refund is approved, monies will be returned to you by the means in which it was paid. If the course fee was paid by a third party, the third party will be refunded the course fee.
2. Withdrawal from the course
Where written notice (email acceptable) of withdrawal is received by TAA
- More than 24hr prior to the day of training, TAA will refund the full fees (minus $10 Admin fee).
- Withdrawal notice given less than 24hr of the day of training will be subject to a cost of 50% of the course fee.
- Where a participant does not attend the training course, no refund will be given.
- Participants not able to pass the course due to late arrival or insufficient ID are subject to a cost of 50% of the course fee.
TAA cannot accept responsibility for changes in personal circumstances or work commitments, or for books or materials purchased for a Course.
- TAA reserves the right to place a default with ‘Baycorp Advantage’ if the paid funds are withdrawn by yourself or your bank.
3. Special circumstances
Where a participant withdraws from the course because of exceptional and extenuating circumstances of a compassionate nature, all cases will be assessed by TAA on an individual basis.
Based on the Refund eligibility presented above, appropriate amount will be refunded and processed by the accounting department.
4. Course Cancelled by TAA
TAA reserves the right to cancel any training at any time. If a class is cancelled by TAA, participants have the option of rescheduling to the next available date or to receive a full refund of the course fees paid. No further monies will be paid for any other expenses the participant has or may incur.
5. LLN Ineligibility
When participant made a pre-payment for the training course and did not pass the, Language Literacy and Numeracy test, the participant will be subject to a cost of 50% of the course fee.
- If participant fails the assessment, refund is not provided. However, participant can re-book the training course.
6. NO Refund
TAA will not offer refunds under the following circumstances;
- If participant has been removed from the training room due to the disorderly behaviour (refer to the Student Book).
- Participant attends training course under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Participant is more than 30 minutes late on arrival for training.
- If course prerequisites are not met, no refund will be issued.
- If the participant did not attend their scheduled training course.
7. Refund procedure
Following steps need to be completed to facilitate refund request:
- Based on Refund eligibility, admin staff needs to ensure that the customer is entitled to the refund.
- Refund can be processed via:
- Cheque (send to participant’s address)
- EFT (send to participant bank)
- Payment reversal through the PayPal (send back to the account that participant used when original PayPal payment was performed)
- Administration staff needs to confirm with the customer the method of refund. According to the method of refund appropriate details should be collected from the customer (e.g. address where the cheque needs to be sent)
- Admin staff should send refund request via email to the accounting department with the following details:
- Customer name
- Type of training
- Date of training
- Refund method
8. Online Course Refund Policy
Online Courses: Once an enrolment has been received for an online or correspondence course, no refund, transfer or cancellation is available.
Rescheduling is implemented when participant would like to reschedule the date of the training course.
Fees and conditions associated with the rescheduling process are following:
- Where written notice (email acceptable) of rescheduling is requested more than 24hr prior to the day of training there will be no rescheduling fee charged.
- Rescheduling requested less than 24hr before the day of training will be subject to a cost of 50% of the course fee.
- Rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee does apply, late Arrival or Insufficient ID on the course date.
- Rescheduling fee does not apply, if participant made a pre-payment for the training course, and requested a rescheduling more than 24hr prior to the date of the training,
- Rescheduling fee does not apply, if participant made a pre-payment and missed the training due to the significant reason. Supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate) must be provided.
- Rescheduling fee of 100% of the course fee does apply, when participant made a pre-payment for the training course and requested rescheduling on or after the day of the course commencement.
- If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at a fee of $25.
- If the participant has rescheduled the course a second time, they must undertake the training, or no refund is applicable.
10. Additional fees and charges
Additional fees and charges that may apply are as followed:
|Reissue of certificate via email||$0|
|Reissue of certificate via post||$25|
|Reissue of Plastic cards issued by TAA||$25|
Certificates cannot be issued until all AVETMISS and USI information has been confirmed (where required) and all course paperwork requirements have been completed.