Marine First Aid Training (ISAF YA Accredited) – From $325
Duration – 1 day Course from 8am – 6.00pm
Certification – Valid for 3 years
Public Course Location – Sydney and Brisbane
Group Booking – Training at your choice of venue Australia-wide – enquire now
This training is nationally accredited in Australia for the components of HLTAID003 Provide First Aid with the additional marine related topics added into the course content. This course also meets the requirements of:
- Yachting Australia and RYA and ISAF racing rules of sailing 2013-2016 Special Regulations 4.07.6;
- Australian State Maritime Training requirements for coxswain, master class 5 and 4 and complies with Australian National Training Authority (ANTA) TDM MF 10; and STCW 10 paragraph A-VI/1-3.
Marine First Aid Course Details
By completing this 1 day face to face course, students will have a sound understanding of how to provide First Aid in the event of an emergency
at sea. Full course details are available on the course description PDF.
Marine First Aid Course Requirements
You will be provided with the support publication “Active First Aid” 8th Edition by Peter Mckie as well as our recommended contents for a Marine
First Aid kit.
Students are to provide a pen, note pad, lunch (shops nearby), sun protection and warm clothing.
Who needs Marine First Aid Training?
This training is mandatory for racing yachtsmen and highly recommended for all who venture offshore under power or sail.
Yachting Australia and RYA and ISAF racing rules of sailing 2013-2016 Special Regulations 4.07.6 states “At least two members of the crew Cat 1 and one member of the crew Cat 2 shall hold a current Senior First Aid certificate or equivalent, or be a practising medical practioner. Each of these crew members shall have undertaken the training required by SR 6.01”.
Marine First Aid Course Training
- All general First Aid topics; plus
- Injections and how to give them
- Radio medical protocols
- How to call for assistance afloat
- CPR in the marine environment
- Hypothermia treatment
- How to stabilise an injured crewman
- Burns and how to treat them
- How to suture wounds
- Patient evacuation by helicopter and marine
- Head injuries and concussion
- Treating falls from aloft
- Focus on common marine injuries
- Recommended contents of your medical kit
Marine First Aid Assessments
All participants are required to competently complete the Marine First Aid practical and theory assessments. The Marine First Aid theory assessment
includes a multiple choice theory paper at the end of the training.
Marine First Aid Certification
On completion of this Marine First Aid course, participants will receive a certification that includes the Australian nationally accredited HLTAID003
Provide First Aid.
Enrol in Marine First Aid Training in Sydney –
Sydney Training Location
Sea Scouts Hall, Harnett Park, Mosman, Sydney
(behind Mosman Rowers Club)
Brisbane Training Location
Darling Point Sailing Squadron, Trafalgar Street, Manly, Brisbane, Queensland
Other Training Courses
Training Aid Australia provides other training courses for the Marine Industry including:
- First Aid (includes CPR)
- STCW95 Sea Survival (RYA & ISAF accredited)
- Marine Diesel Engine (general diesel engine maintenance)
- Marine Radio Licence (hf & UHF radio licence)
For more information about these courses, please feel free to contact us.